Re: VLT - target priorities for tonight

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 14:23:42 PDT

    > According to my calculations, we have 6 hours of observing time
    > left. We will not be able to do all the targets listed above.

    As much as I like T02-059, given that we didn't manage to get a spectrum
    of it before the HST deadline, I don't think there is currently any
    realistic hope for photometric followup of that candidate. Somebody
    please correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, then regrefully it is
    probably not worth the time any more for the spectrum.

    A pity, because it looked like it had a good chance at being the high-z
    supernova we wanted.

    It sounds like there's at least a little time to follow the SDF
    supernovae, and to follow the CFHT rolling search supernovae, so they
    should have higher priority.

    T02-047 *has* been followed at TNG and WIYN, so it would be good to get
    a spectrum of it if we can.

    -Rob