Status of T02-030, T02-028, and T02-047

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 11:59:28 PDT

    > The other three are "end-of-night" shallower SNe. I would rank them in
    > this order:
    >
    > T02-030
    > T02-028
    > T02-047
    >
    > T02-028 and T02-47 are bright (mag 22.9), and may be able get away with 1h
    > spectra (or whatever you judge is right). T02-030 is dimmer (23.3).

    Let me amend this. Looking at the TNG data, it looks like T02-030 may
    be *hugely* on the way up (to the point that it could be magnitude 21 by
    now). This may be a relatively nearby SN that we caught extremely
    early, unless there is some goof in my insta-lightcurve software and the
    TNG data. I would suggest getting a relatively short (1/2 hour?)
    spectrum on this to see if there is anything there-- assuming the data
    can be reduced quickly.

    T02-047 also looks to be still rising as of the may 13 TNG data. It's
    not as dramatic as T02-028, but it seems we caught this one before max.

    T02-028, according to the TNG data, looks to have been fairly near max
    at the search. The TNG data of a few days later is lower, but only by
    1-2 sigma.

    All three of these look like very solid medium-z (0.3-0.5) candidates at
    this point.

    -Rob