SDF observed with Subaru

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 14:27:32 PDT

    Hello,

    Last night we took SDF (center) with Suprime-Cam.

    The seeing was not good, about 1.0arcsec, but
    exposure time was 1.9 hours (+15sec exposure),
    which must be deep enough to find distant SNe.
    (We could not open the dome for the first half night
     because of high humidity. We asked observers to
     put the highest priority in i'-band observations for SN.)

    Tonight and tomorrow night we will observe
    SDFe and SDFw (flanking fields) with Suprime-Cam.

    Cheers,

    -Mamoru

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy