Re: Isntix - C02-013

From: raux@in2p3.fr
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 13:43:30 PDT

    I checked the findind chart and it seems to be good as well as the guiding
    stars. My guesses are that:

    -It's a fake, the subtraction went wrong on this subtraction because of
    distortion in the PSF. As one can see on the tiles the shape of galaxy is
    different between the Ref and the New.
    The only thing convincing with this candidate was the shape of the light
    curve.

    - The candidate is too faint with respect to the galaxy (mag ~ 22.4) and
    the candidate (mag ~ 24).

    I would propose to wait for the next CFHT images to confirm or infirm this
    candidate (Hope having images tonight).

    Julien

    --
    Julien Raux