Isntix - C02-013

From: clidman@eso.org
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 12:40:09 PDT

    Dear Colleagues,
       The VLT has just observed Isntix (C02-013) and they have sent me the first spectrum.
    I cannot see the candidate in a 1200 second spectrum, but I can see a relatively
    nearby galaxy (z=0.286) about 3.6" to the NW of the candidate.

       Both this galaxy and the target are visible in the acquisition image, but it would appear that
    only the bright galaxy is in the slit. I've checked the FITS header and the PA was correctly set.

    It looks as if the operator has changed guide stars during the acquisition (which is a no-no). If this
    is the case, I will ask for compensation with FORS1. But before I go down this route, I would like
    someone to recheck that the offset and the PA from the BOX star to the candidate is correct.

    Cheers, Chris.