Re: CFHT march/april R & I data

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 00:00:24 PDT

    Hi Pierre,
    the simplification in the plot I posted is that all SNe are stretch=1
    and colors are pulled from a single spectral template. Letting the stretch
    "float" and allowing for intrinsic color dispersion would probably blow
    up the dispersion by a about a factor of 3. It would still not change
    the conclusion: it is a waste not to use the R-I color that is
    measured when prioritizing the candidates. The difference between a
    z=0.5-0.7 candidate and one at z>1 are pretty significant.
    Ariel

    > the correlation was not as great as the one you show. Your plot displays
    > a sigma(R-I) of the order of 0.05 at z=0.5 where R-I is B-V restframe.
    > Are you sure this makes sense? Or the error bars are not the spread, but
    > something else?

    Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
    FYSIKUM, Stockholm University
    Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy & Biotechnology
    tel: +46 8 55378659