S02-032

From: Lifan Wang (lifan@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 09:58:54 PDT

    The candidate seems to make sens for (B-V)_host = 0.82 (typical for a
    Sbc galaxy), and (B-V)max ~ -0.1 -- 0, assuming that the Apr 9 and 11
    images show candidate/host ratio of 3.6, and the ISAAC image show 1.0
    at around 20 days later.

    This would imply V_max - V_10day = 0.4-0.5, or Bmax-B_10day about 0.75
    which is okey.

    I do agree the spectral identification in this case is not satisfactory.

    Looking at the finding chart again, I found that the cross that marks
    the candidate was actually on the north-east tip of the candidate. On the
    other hand, it is also shown on the "tiles" that there was little host.
    Can someone explain how the cross on the finding chart was drawn ? Note that
    the ISAAC image does show some enhancement at the north-east tip of the
    candidate.

    Lifan