S02-002

From: Isobel Hook (ihook@gemini.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 01:18:44 PDT

    Hi all,
    We're doing a bit better with NIRI tonight. The clouds are threatening to
    close in but we're getting quite good data now, with seeing around 0.6". I
    think we have detected the object, which is a good start!

    Could someone please tell me what the thinking is on how much host light
    this one might have? I see there is quite a bit of light in the reference
    image (on the tiles plots) - is there any chance that could be supernova
    light or is it the host?

    I'm going to leave the observers to it now. I'll be back in tomorrow
    evening.

    Cheers,
    Isobel.