Re: ISAAC

From: clidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 02:29:10 PDT

    Hi Ariel,
       This is a very good question. Last night was a technical night.
    We found that although the Aladdin is more efficient, it looks
    as if it will more difficult to flat field in J. We get an RMS of
    3% in the flux of a star that is stepped across the field. Given
    the S/N we are aiming for, this is OK. Tonight, I will be making
    a detailed comparison of the image quality. If the Aladdin holds
    up, I am tempted to use it instead of the Hawaii.

    Cheers, Chris.