Re: Loiret/boccherini

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 13:38:37 PDT

    Hi,
    to know how to proceed with Loiret, i.e. whether to try and
    get a final ref in J or not (either with ISAAC or NIRI), it would be
    necessary to assess the S/N of last years' ISAAC image. As the host and
    the SN are about the same brightness in I they are probably also
    very comparable in J. That would imply that in last year's
    ISAAC observations ~50% of the signal came from the host and
    conversely, we would need to have exposure lengths that would
    allow us to measure something 1/2 as bright this time. Do you have
    any numbers on this Chris?

    Cheers,
       Ariel

    On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 raux@in2p3.fr wrote:

    > I calculated the magnitude of the host of Loiret to be :
    >
    > 24.6 in I band.
    >
    > This was done using all the images from this spring.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Julien

    Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
    FYSIKUM, Stockholm University
    Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy & Biotechnology
    tel: +46 8 55378659