S02-000 and S02-025

From: clidman@eso.org
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 21:48:36 PDT

Dear All,
     We've had a look at last night's VLT spectra.

S02-000 is a type Ia at z=0.28
S02-025 is very faint. I suspect that it is fainter than
the quoted magnitude of I=24.1. I suspect that it is closer to
I=25. From what I can see, and there is not much, the spectrum is
blueish.

Preliminary spectra will be made available from

http://www.sc.eso.org/~clidman/

The same username and password apply.

We will update the status of this SN on sntrack.

I see that they had a good night at CFHT. If candidates can be found
during the afternoon, should we consider observing some of these SN.

Cheers, Chris.