Subaru schedule Apr.10

From: Mamoru Doi (mdoi@subaru.naoj.org)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 00:43:53 PDT

Hi,

We have good start tonight at Subaru. The sky is clear, and
current seeing is 0.55arcsec or so. We finished evening
standard stars successfully, and are going to the target.

The following is the current plan after talked with Saul.
We will add more exposures to SS2-4, prepare the
second franking field of SDF, and take the final reference
of 2001cw.

revised Apr.10
stnd. 19:30- 20:30 i,R 10sec
SDFn 20:40- 22:30 R 8minx10
SDFw 22:40- 24:00 i 6minx10
SS3 24:10- 25:40 i 6minx11
SS4 25:40- 27:10 i 6minx11
SS2 27:10- 27:45 i 6minx4
1520 27:55- 29:15 i 6minx10
stnd. 29:15- i,R 10sec

-Mamoru

P.S. Thank you very much, Andy.

>I've been updating tracker with finding charts for the subaru supernova.
>There's also a web page devoted to the finding charts and tiles:
>
>http://lilys.lbl.gov/deepdb/sntrak/
>http://panisse.lbl.gov/followup/charts/spring_2002/
>
>I have exercised some editorial perogative in choosing which
>candidates to make finding charts for. If you have a favorite
>which I have not included you are welcome to try and plead your case
>to me.
>
>Finding sufficiently bright offset stars has proven to be a bit of
>a problem, which has not been successfully resolved for many of the
>objects. Hopefully the magnitudes are off. Well, I know the magnitudes
>are off (since the observers failed to get standard star observations
>last night, these magnitudes are based on APM magnitudes -- even though
>subaru doesn't use a standard I band filter!), but I hope that they
>are off in the direction that the stars are actually brighter than we
>claim they are. In any case, suitable offset stars may be one of the
>dividing factors between Keck and VLT, as VLT appears to be able to
>use fainter ones.
>
>Alex

Mamoru Doi
Institute of Astronomy