Re: VLT - spectroscopy

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:24:41 PDT

Some quick comments,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 clidman@eso.org wrote:

> Dear Ariel,
> This is a good suggestion and it was something that Saul had proposed.
I mentioned this possibility to Saul last night. The thing to remember is
that if you assume that the rate of Ia's is proportional to the rest-frame
B-band galaxy magnitude, then you expect about 50% of the SN host
galaxies with 22<I<23 to be at z>0.8 (see Dahlen & Goobar, PASP, also
in astro-ph/02 + something.