deep field imaging finding chart

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 07:03:33 PDT

If anybody's interested, I've put online a DSS image with HSTGSC stars
labelled and the deep fields for CFHT, Subaru, and CTIO all drawn. I've
done them at two resolutions, depending on your need for a good image
and your stomach for download time.

  http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/deepfield_big.ps.gz
  http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/deepfield_small.ps.gz

  deepfield_big.ps.gz : 850KB, decompresses to 2MB
  deepfield_small.ps.gz : 200KB, decompresses to 600KB

(deepfield_big used a 1024x1024 DSS image from SkyView; deepfield_small
used a 512x512 DSS image from SkyView. Both image are 2.5 square
degrees on a size, in order to fit in all of the fields.)

(Note that CT01H5 is an "extra" field which probably won't be done; H2
and H3 are the two primary CTIO deep fields.)