Re: NEW DRAFT OF THE PAPER ON SN 1999AC

From: LWang@lbl.gov
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 05:03:00 PST

    Hi, Gabriele,

            I looked at the new figures you prepared comparing 99ac with 94d
    etc. I can not establish from these figures the huge velocity difference
    that you show in figure 10 and 11. For example, you claim that at +25
    day,
    the Si II line of 99ac has a velocity more than 3500 km/sec lower than
    that of 94D and 99aa (as shown in your figure 11). What I see in Figure
    7,8,9 are totally different and indicate that 99ac is not a low velocity
    event at all but rather similar to other well observed SNe.
            Are you sure you are comparing same features when you make
    Figures 10 and 11? If so, please also mark the features that you are
    plotting in Figure 10 and 11 on Figures 7,8, and 9. The lines are so
    heavily blended at late epochs one has to be very clear of what are
    being
    compared.

            Cheers,

            Lifan