Use of Tonry date of maximum

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 00:38:41 PST

    The statement " Since these data do not adequately cover the rising
    part of the lightcurve, we force the date of maximum to occur at
    $t_{\rm max}=$ MJD 51194.65 (Tonry, private communication)." suggests
    that we are using the Tonry date of max because we think Tonry must
    have used more data points on the rising portion of the lightcurve in
    his fit. Why do we think that to be the case? I don't think it is the
    case based on my recollection of the lightcurve data file I saw.

    Greg