Re: Serena's template

From: Chris Lidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 18:20:41 PST

    Dear Lifan,
       I concur with Rob's e-mail. I had a quick look at the R-I colours
    of the SNe in Jha's thesis. I find many examples that are significantly
    bluer than R-I=-0.24 at maximum B-band light. I'll add the caveat that
    I have not k-corrected these SNe, nor have I corrected for extinction,
    so a more
    detailed check of the Jha data is warranted.

       The Jha data set is independent from the data used by Serena and
    Rob, so it provides us with an opportunity to check and
    refine our templates for future work.

    Regards,

    Chris.