Re: K-corrections: another voice in the debate

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 05:41:07 PST

    On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:24:51AM -0300, Chris Lidman wrote:
    > The size of the systematic uncertainty is more difficult to judge.
    > On a case-by-case basis, the systematic uncertainty may be larger
    > (as large as the 0.2 magnitudes noted by Peter), but, for, most
    > SNe, the uncertainty is likely to be much less.

    When Peter did it, I believe he did it as a function of t rather than
    t/(1-s). Is this right Peter?

    My belief is that the differences will be smaller if you do
    K-corrections as t/(1-s) rather than as t. (I think Serena came to the
    same conclusion.)

    As such, the 0.2 may be larger than even the "biggest reasonable case"
    systematic uncertainty.