Re: updated I-band paper

From: Chris Lidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 05:00:24 PST

    Hi Ariel,
        I will not continue the debate until I have a clearer understanding
    of
    the implications of our procedure.

        As I was reading through the paper last night, another idea occurred
    to me.

    The I band fit requires five parameters, however, we have fewer data
    points
    than paramters.

    Have you ever thought of using the correlations between parameters or
    perhaps limiting the range over which parameters can vary to try and
    reduce the number of parameters.

    For example, one could limit the range of parameter space with

    t_max =-1 +/- 2 days
    t_sec = f(s_B), for 00fr, t_sec=29 +/- 2
    M_sec < M_max

    Cheers, Chris.