Re: updated I-band paper

From: Chris Lidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 19:13:57 PST

    Dear All,
       I think that it is time for the rest of the collaboration to see the
    paper. However, it
    should be understood that the paper not ready for publication. There
    are several
    areas where the paper can be improved but I will let someone with a
    fresh voice to
    point this out.

    Probably the most controversial aspect of the paper is the fitting of
    the high z SNe
    with the low redshift templates. I have not fully convinced myself
    about the validity of this
    approach.

       The abstract is good; it is short and to the point. However, the
    reader is left hanging
    in the second last sentence. Perhaps, this sentence needs to be
    expanded (i.e. what
    was the result from colour analysis) or deleted.

       Of the three high-z lightcurves only one SNe (00fr) shows the second
    peak clearly.
    The other two can only be inferred after the light curves have been
    fitted. This is
    an important distinction and the last sentence in the abstract is
    misleading in this
    respect.

    Cheers, Chris.