Re: updated I-band paper

From: Serena Nobili (serena@physto.se)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 06:42:14 PST

    Hi Rob, Chris (cc Ariel, Tony)

    I have been working on your and Ariel's comments and updated the version
    of the paper in the web page. You find it at:

        www.physto.se/~snova/internal/papers/iband/

    In addition to your suggestions, I have been working on Section 6.
    The way I compute the chisq values to the dust and no-dust models
    has been modified. The conclusions reached in this way are not very
    strong, as we cannot exclude any of the models. However, the analysis
    makes more sense now.

    Section 5.1 has been merged with section 5, plus the Hubble diagram now
    includes the residuals for the width-luminosity relation corrected data
    (as suggested by Chris). Moreover we added a test to a flat lambda=0
    universe model in presence of gray dust (Rv=9.5).

    The conclusions (Section 8) have been modified accordingly. The abstract
    has also been re-written.

    Minor changes took place in general through the whole paper.

    Also, Chris asked what the dispersion would be in the 3 low-z sample
    before width-luminosity correction. Here is a table with both results
    non corrected (alpha=0) and corrected (alpha=1.13):

                 alpha=0 alpha=1.13
    CT: 0.21 +- 0.05 0.15+-0.03 n = 9
    CfA: 0.24 +- 0.03 0.28+-0.04 n = 6
    CfA2: 0.25 +- 0.03 0.15+-0.03 n = 13

    The dispersion in the CfA sample is slightly larger after the
    corrections,
    but within the uncertainties, also given the fact that there are
    only 6 SNe in this sample, I am not really worried.

    Please let me know if you have more comments or if you think it is time
    for the paper to be sent to the whole collaboration.
    Thanks again for your help
    Cheers

                Serena

    www.physto.se/~serena