AAS abstract submitted for the HST search

From: Rachel Gibbons (rachel.a.gibbons@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 17:35:09 PDT

    Hi everyone,

        Here's the abstract I submitted for the January AAS. I'm now
    off for Chile until Oct 31. Have a good month, Rachel.

    R. A. Gibbons, R. A. Knop (Vanderbilt U.), N. Kuznetsova (LBNL), and the
    Supernova Cosmology Project Collaboration

    Supernovae at z>1.2 Discovered with the ACS on HST

    We report on follow-up observations of supernovae found during
    four searches with the ACS on HST during 2004 April - 2004 August.
    The area of sky searched was that covered by the GOODS-North (170
    square arcminutes). The se arches successfully discovered supernovae
    in the redshift range 1.0<z<1.7. We present preliminary results from
    multicolor follow-up observations with ACS and NICMOS of two supernovae
    from this search that exploded well with in the epoch of deceleration.
    These two supernovae may represent the most distant ever found during
    an intentio nal search and followed in detail both photometrically and
    spectroscopically.