The next two searches are "owned" proportionately to number of follow-up orbits not yet used by each group.

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 08:52:51 PDT

    The next two searches are "owned" proportionately to number of
    follow-up orbits not yet used by each group (see attached copy of the
    agreement email). I'm not sure how many follow-up orbits Adam's team
    already used up in following a supernova from last summer, but probably
    significantly fewer than we used on our "z~1.6" SN.

    attached mail follows:

    ...See, why can't the parties in the Middle East be this reasonable?!