DO NOT RUN DEEPLIB ON ENTERPRISE MACHINES

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 16:33:43 PDT

    I think I have identified the problem: perl-5.8 (the version on the
    enterprise machines) is using Unicode rather than ASCII, so all my data
    parsing in Perl is now broken.

    I probably will not have time to fix this before the search.

    As such, you need to scan ONLY on Redhat-7.2 machines.

    In fact, to make sure things don't get screwed up (because the database
    WILL get screwed up on this end!), Alex please de-install the
    deeplib-0.5-es version.