Re: zeropoints

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 19:03:35 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:54:48PM -0700, Greg Aldering wrote:

    > Hi Rob,
    >
    > The 0.6 aperture correction error you just told Adam about - was it a
    > programming bug or related to work by hand?

    It was a think-o.

    I basically was proceeding with the way we've always done it-- use the
    things that our software identifies as "stars", and integrate on them to
    get an aperture correction.

    Of course, there are *no* stars (basically) on the ACS fields, so it
    identified various other things as stars. In other words, by doing
    things as we always have done it, we did things wrong. My screwup.

    That 0.6 I said-- that was just in the one I checked. They are actually
    all over the map, but generally our candidates are going to be too
    bright. Our colors are all screwed too. I will put out corrections
    that will need to be applied on a field-by-field basis.