Re: Subaru i subtractions.

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 14:52:22 PDT

    On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 02:50:36PM -0700, Gerson Goldhaber wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have scanned the subaru i fields subtractions for those fields in
    > the GOODS footprint, viz. b,f,e,h,c,d.
    > I did not find any real candidates. However there are many "feedthrough
    > " signals. I have saved 2 examples of these . There are typically 3 to 8
    > such per field.

    Note that the main purposes of the Subaru fields is *not* to find
    candidate (these data are 2 weeks old), but to try to see if candidates
    we do find were seen a couple of weeks ago on Subaru.

    Right now, if you do "Tiles Of..." existing candidates, the ones found
    on ACS will *not* automatically come up. At some point as I get those
    transformatiosn in, they will. In the mean time, use the RA and Dec as
    a guide to find the host, and add a candidate by hand using the middle
    mouse button in SearchScan. (See the "How To San" web page for
    documentation on all of this.)