checking follow-up visits for good guide stars

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 20:22:24 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:43:47 -0500 (EST)
    From: William Januszewski <williamj@stsci.edu>
    To: ragibbons@lbl.gov
    Cc: williamj@stsci.edu
    Subject: Re: Questions regarding the upcoming search.

    Hi Rachel,

    I will be in today (Monday), though I will be leaving at 3pm EST. I will also be
    available any other day this week. Phone # 410 338 4964.

    Guide stars are always potential problem for ToOs. There is usually very little
    time to solve problems, and it is difficult to test for them before hand. I will
    be available on monday April 5 to help as much as I can. I also expect to be
    here later then normal on Tuesday. If by monday you do have some potential
    targets I will do my best to help answer any guide star issues.

    Just a few things to keep in mind for ToOs for scheduling purposes. It is best
    if they are sched 100, this insures orbital viewing wont be a problem. When it
    come to an orient, try and be as flexible as possible. This will help with
    scheduling, and the likely hood of finding guide stars.

    Please feel free to give a call with any questions you might have.

    Cheers,
    Bill