Re: Optimization of observations for the HST search

From: Don Groom (deg@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 11:20:42 PDT

    Rob is right, of course. It's always good to look at a serious snmin fit
    carefull - the *.out file for example, and make sure the MINOS errors are
    consistent with the parabolic errors. (In a just world they are usually a
    little bigger). If this is to be an important fit, it's Good to diddle
    with the snmin02_[SN name}.control file. The result should be insensitive
    to the starting conditions, but I found at least one case where the
    starting time had an enormous effect on the parabolic dt, while the MINOS
    result remained stable. The fits were nearly unchanged, which is also
    Good.

    I'm not sure if you have the > 2 colors situation, but even if not the new
    version snmin02 is a lot slicker and easier to use.

    Don