Re: Using my simulation stuff for multiple lightcurves

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 09:47:07 PDT

    On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:44:50AM -0500, Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:
    > snminuit,'fake1p2','two','uz','bj',file1='/path/to/lightcurve.1.filename',file2='/path/to/lightcurve.2.filename',kcorr1='/path/to/kcorrectioname.1',kcorr2='/path/to/kcorrectioname.2'

    I should note that this will give you the resultant error on the
    magnitude of color 1, the color (in the "R-I" column), and the stretch;
    *both* lightcurves will have contributed to the stretch uncertainty, and
    thus it may be a smidge better than the single lightcurve value. (Or a
    smidge worse, but in that case you'll have a negative covariance between
    color and stretch.)

    You want to give your *primary* color as color 1. This means that you
    might want to reverse file1 and file2, and make the first arguments:

       'fake1p2','two','bj','uz'

    That way, the peak magnitude uncertainty you get out will be on the J
    band rather than the Z band. The color uncertainty should be the same.