Re: Optimization of observations for the HST search

From: VAFadeyev@lbl.gov
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 01:12:23 PDT

    Hi Ariel,

    it is good that the results are consistent.

    Your observation of the biases is very interesting. Was it ever checked before that the LC parameter
    extraction is self-consistent and bias-free, say
    for lower redshift cases?

    The only reason why I switched off the randomization
    was to save time. Otherwise I'd have to rerun
    the code multiple times for every observation
    sequence, derive the corresponding distributions etc.

    Initially I did briefly checked that with randomization turned on there were no big biases
    for z=1.3. This is close to your case of z=1.4,
    where you don't have substantial biases either.
    So perhaps this was not a very strict check.
    Am rerunning that example for z=1.2 now. Will
    report the results shortly.

    Cheers,
    vitaliy