ESSENCE results on astro-ph + supplemental web page

From: Michael Wood-Vasey (wmwood-vasey@cfa.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 15:21:00 PST

    Dear SCP:

    The ESSENCE first results papers, submitted to ApJ in Nov/Dec of 2006
    and currently being refeered, have now been posted to astro-ph. We
    thought these would be of general interest for the SCP and wanted to
    extend a specific announcement of these papers which will appear on
    astro-ph tomorrow.

    "The ESSENCE Supernova Survey: Survey Optimization, Observations, and
    Supernova Photometry"
    Miknaitis et al.
    http://www.arxiv.org/astro-ph/070143

    "Observational Constraints on the Nature of the Dark Energy: First
    Cosmological Results from the ESSENCE Supernova Survey"
    Wood-Vasey et al.
    http://www.arxiv.org/astro-ph/070141

    We have prepared a supplemental data page at

    http://www.ctio.noao.edu/essence/wresults/

    We certainly appreciate any comments, thoughts, or suggestions you
    may have for making these papers and the supplemental webpage more
    useful, helpful, or readable for the supernova cosmology community
    and the general public.

    Sincerely,

    Michael Wood-Vasey and Gajus Miknaitis