SCP Paper II: CMAGIC Cosmology analysis. Comment by 4/1/05.

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 15:38:19 PST

    SCP collaborators,

    As promised, this is the second e-mail regarding an SCP draft ready for
    collaboration review:

    Alex Conley's "Measurement of Omega_M, Omega_Lambda from a blind
    analysis of Type Ia supernovae with CMAGIC: Using color information to
    verify the acceleration of the Universe ". The latest version is at
    http://panisse.lbl.gov/~aconley/cmag/ (usual password).

    A version was distributed to the collaboration last fall with the
    blinded results. Alex has since un-blinded and the current version has
    his cosmology results.

    Please send comments to him (AJConley@lbl.gov) and cc: to
    cmag@panisse.lbl.gov by FRIDAY APRIL 1.

    Some comments from Alex:
    Begin forwarded message:

    > This is version 1.55.
    >
    > Some notes to go out with the paper
    >
    > [1] It's too long. I welcome suggestions for how to make it shorter
    > without loss of clarity.
    > [2] I would love to hear suggestions for how to improve the method
    > for comparing the m_B and B_BV0.6 results. Please be concrete!
    > For example: Multiply the two PDFs and integrate, and that number
    > is the probability of compatibility. Not that that suggestion
    > actually
    > works, but it's concrete enough to talk about.
    > [3] This is a SCP paper, since it uses some unpublished SCP data.
    > Therefore, the standard SCP author list applies. Hopefully the
    > one that is being fought out for Gabriele's paper applies. To
    > that I would like to add Mark Strovink and Eugene Commins.
    > My preference as far as order is to have Conley, Goldhaber, Wang
    > and then everybody else in alphabetical order.
    >
    > Alex

    -Tony