Re: U-B color alert, feedback solicitation

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 06:50:53 PST

    Dear Vitaliy,
    thanks for your interesting posting. Serena has been looking at
    the issues of intrinsic colors from nearby SNe, Jha's data
    included. I am sure she'll have something to add to your findings,
    in particular about dubious data points and parametrization
    functions.
    As for your comment on the impact on the
    precission of Knop et al results I think it what would be very
    useful is if Rob makes available the observed lightcurves that
    went into K03 in SNMINUIT format so that we can try out what
    the more recent color estimates and K-corrections yield, in particular in
    connection with even higher redshift data-sets.
    Cheers,
       Ariel

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Vitaliy Fadeyev wrote:

    > Dear SCPers,
    >
    > the following TWiki page describes a color treatment for Albinoni analysis.
    > Since the topic is relevant for other on-going analyses, and also
    > because there
    > is a difference with the color assumed in Knop 03 paper, we call your
    > attention
    > to the issue, and solicit feedback.
    >
    > Direct link to TWiki page:
    > http://supernova.lbl.gov:8080/twiki/bin/view/Albinoni/ANoteOnColor
    >
    > Instruction on how to access the SCP TWiki are here:
    > http://supernova.lbl.gov/collab/
    >
    > Cheers,
    > vitaliy

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601