Re: Bessel transmission functions

From: Alex Conley (aconley@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 15:25:02 PST

    Alex (Kim) is right -- and it isn't a coincidence. Bessel tabulates
    lambda*R instead of R precisely so that you can work directly with energy
    (f_lambda). There's nothing wrong with using lambda*R, you just need to
    make sure that you realize that you are doing it and write the integral
    correctly. It is for this reason that many of the people I have talked to
    about this have thought that I'm trying to re-open the energy vs. photons
    argument, when in fact I am not.

    Alex