Re: Room reservations for June 14 to the 18, 2003

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 01:09:13 PDT

    Hi,
    it seems that some people are planning to arrive in Stockholm
    already on saturday 14:th (very good!) but that the nearest hotel is
    booked for that day (Stockholm marathon same day in the immediate
    neigbourhood!). I made a preliminary reservation in another
    (inexpensive) hotel : 4 singles (649 SEK/might) + 5 doubles (895
    SEK/night); all they had available!). The hotel is within 15-20 minutes walking distance
    from our institute: http://www.bentleys.nu/

    Hotel Bentleys
    Drottninggatan 77
    111 60 Stockholm
    Phone: 08-14 13 95
    Fax: 08-21 24 92
    email:bentleys@swipnet.se

    The reservation was made for 14-22 of June. You may choose to stay there
    all days, or just the night of the 14:th. When contacting the hotel,
    you should quote the booking number 030614.

    If you are young and like to share bathroom with other nice people, there
    are also 3 available rooms in a very cheap hotel (495 SEK/room) within
    10 minutes walk from our institute:
    http://www.vanadishotell.com/english/
    Notice that the hotel has a great outdoors swimmingpool!

    Other places you could try are:

    Hotel Oden: http://www.hoteloden.se/index_e.html
    Hotel Haga:
    http://stockholm.local-hotels.com/locals/hotels.nsf/$$Search!openform

    Good luck!
    Ariel

    On Thu, 8 May 2003, Karen Edwards wrote:

    > Ariel:
    >
    > Please read the message below from the collaboration hotel in Stockholm.
    >
    > It appears that the hotel is fully booked for the night of June 14.
    > Do you have any suggestions?
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Karen Edwards
    > Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
    > 510-486-4384
    > Fax: 510-486-6738
    >

    > Linda Enstrom - Elite Stockholm Reservations wrote:
    >
    > >Dear Karen,
    > >
    > >Thank you for your email.
    > >I do have rooms reserved from the 15/6 until the 20/6, but we are
    > >fullybooked on the 14/6 I am afraid.
    > >The persons who already have a reservation are:
    > >Valmiki Prasad
    > >Alex Conley
    > >Don Groom
    > >
    > >Please let me know how you want to do.
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > >Linda Enstrom
    > >Reservation/Sales Agent
    > >Hotel Arcadia
    > >Elite Hotels Stockholm
    > >Tel. reservation: +468 302415
    > >Tel. reception: +468 566 21500
    > >Fax: +468 566 21711
    > >linda.enstrom@elite.se
    > >www.arcadia.elite.se

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601