Re: Some limits to quote

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 14:16:47 PDT

    On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:12:55PM -0700, Greg Aldering wrote:

    > Hi Rob,
    >
    > Do you think we should quote w < XX at 95% CL and OM limits for *any*
    > constant w in a flat universe, using the combined OM,w constraints?

    I'm not sure. The combined restraints give us a measurement with error
    bars on both sides; that information implicitly holds upper limits, and
    is also more interesting if w<-1 is really possible as it also sets a
    lower limit.

    (It's easy enough to do if the consensus of the authors is that we
    should have it. I don't feel terribly strongly about my position, so
    can easily be swayed.)