Chi-squared of current HST paper OM,OL fit

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 18:42:34 PDT

    Hi again,

    If case you haven't done the calculation for yourself, and are troubled
    by the slightly high chi-squared/DOF in Rob's OM,OL fits, let me just
    say that the chi-squared/DOF for our SNe is perfectly fine and very
    near one. It is the low-redshift SNe which pump-up the chi-squared/DOF,
    giviing chi-squared of 30 for 21 SNe. The low-redshift SNe 92ag, 92bs,
    95ac, and 96ab are all roughly 2-sigma outliers. They all have
    significant reddening, and all but 95ac have large reddening. So,
    it appears that the statistical properties of our fits are quite
    reasonable.

    Cheers,

    Greg