New HST draft available

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 16:21:43 PST

    There's a new draft of the HST paper available at:

      http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/scp/hst/hst20030404.pdf
      http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/scp/hst/hst20030404.ps

    This is linked from my HST paper page too.

    What's new? There was extensive discussion about fit methods. I think
    I'm done fitting lightcurves, but of course I've thought that
    before.... The lightcurve fits are a bit new, as are the cosmology
    fits. Cosmology fitting has changed too, in that I no longer fix alpha
    for error analysis, but do the more natural thing of letting alpha for
    error analysis vary right along with the alpha used for figuring out the
    stretch correction.

    I've edited a bunch of text in several places. Among other things,
    there's the beginnings of a systematic error section, which includes
    (most) of the things I'm handling. I've moved discussion of comparisons
    of K-corrections to here, as it's more appropriate here. The discussion
    of the Riess 1998 Stupid Prior is also in this section, and there's a
    figure to go along with that. The Omega/W fits use the WMAP prior on
    Omega_M rather than the SDSS one I was using before. All of the
    lightcurve data tables are there, although currently the tables are in
    the wrong order.

    There are still some checkboxes and capitalized stuff where I have
    questions or notes for the collaboration. I really hope we're
    converging on this, though.