Re: IAUC draft ver.6

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 22:34:43 PST

    Hi Chris and Gast,

    Thank you very much. We won't include this object
    to the IAUC draft, since there is no evidence of a SN
    in the spectra.

    Attached are zoom-up pictures of this object.
    Images for reference (up left), search (up right), and
    difference (bottom left).
    It is very hard to tell how likely is the "overlapped
    galaxies hypothesis" without having high-resolution
    images...

    -Mamoru

    >> Dear Andy, Mamoru,
    >> The spectrum of SuF02-026 is rather interesting. It has has two
    >> unidentified emission lines and the morphology of the lines are very
    >> different. One is resolved into three components and the other is
    >> unresolved. The continuum is flat. However, from the VLT spectra, there
    >> is no evidence of a SN.
    >>

    >Is there any chance that this is two galaxies at different redshifts on
    >the same line of sight?
    >
    >Gast$B…O(B

    SuF02-026.png

    Mamoru Doi