Re: IAUC draft

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 07:48:20 PST

    On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:41:28AM -0800, Saul Perlmutter wrote:
    > Hi Mamoru, I'm trying to figure out what other complaints we will hear
    > from Dan Greene when we try to send this telegram in to the IAU. He
    > might complain about the 3 supernovae in the first set that have no
    > supernova type given.

    He probably will -- with the last set of circulars, he complained about
    T02-047, for which we had no spectrum. Even though we had a lightcurve,
    he was dubious to the end, and eventually just deleted that from the
    list of circulars. Never mind that many other supernovae over the years
    have been listed by the IAU without a confirmation spectrum (or even as
    good a lightcurve).

    I was rather miffed at that, and have begun to question the value of the
    IAU names, but oh well.