AAS Summer 2003

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:14:47 PST

    The deadline for abstracts at the summer AAS in Nashville is fast
    approaching, i.e. is in two days.

    This is one plan. Please sqwak if you have any objections, otherwise
    this will go forward.

     (1) Eric Smith will present a poster with supernova spectra, showing
         the data he's been working on (the 97 and 98 supernovae, plus
         Gemini from last Spring). No sweeping conclusions, probably,
         mostly just a "data poster".

     (2) I will put in a talk which will describe the latest SNe results,
         with particular focus on color issues. I'll abstract it based on
         the paper, but by May I might have to say different things based on
         what has come out.

     (3) Saul will put in a poster which will describe latest SNe results,
         and which will generally be degenerate with my talk, although we
         won't write the abstract to sound that way. I will probably also
         be responsible for actually putting this poster together.

    Let me know if people have objections or additions to this.