Re: heliocentric & galactocentric redshifts

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 15:21:00 PST

    On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:17:40PM -0800, Lifan Wang wrote:
    > For self-consistency, it would be nice to correct everything to
    > CMB. Otherwise there will be a small systematic error.

    Have you done the corrections for the distant SNe? If so, send them to
    me, and that makes it all very easy. (This would include the HST SNe.)

    We're only using redshfits to two decimal places. These differences are
    going to be *tiny* compared to the photometry error in any event, and I
    suspect that any systematic error would be indistinguishable from pretty
    much anything else you could name. (E.g. the finite resolution of a
    laser printer.)