Re: SCP video meeting Feb 19

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 21:06:32 PST

    Hi Tony,

    Unfortunately I will be out for a winter school around 19 Feb, and
    Naoki doesn't have transportation to the office at mid night.

    We would like to have another meeting with some of you.
    Candidate dates are Feb.25, Mar.1, and Mar.8 in Japan
    (-1day in Berkeley).

    -Mamoru

    >SCP collaborators:
    >
    >To prepare for the summer meeting in Stockholm, we propose interim video
    >meetings. The first will be
    >
    >Wed 19 Feb
    >8:30 - 10:30 AM Berkeley, 10:30 - 12:30 Nashville. 13:30 - 15:30
    >Santiago, 16:30 - 18:30 Oxford, 17:30 - 19:30 Paris, Stockholm, Barcelona
    >(others can interpolate. It's in the middle of the night in Japan.)
    >
    >Please let me know if there are conflicts. We are looking into whether
    >we can use an internet video conferencing system, such as HEP groups are
    >using:
    > http://www.vrvs.org/ or should use the standard video teleconference.
    >If people have suggestions, please let us know.
    >
    >Topics:
    >Summarizing a discussion by the SCP executive committee: Aside from the
    >people heavily involved in SNLS (primarily the French group), for the
    >other groups there will *not* be an SCP search campaign this spring and
    >so the main focus for this spring should be on making progress on
    >analyses. The goal of the Feb 19 meeting is to work out a short, high
    >priorty list of the topics we can realistically make progress on
    >between now and the June meeting. People will be asked to give status
    >reports and suggest how efforts this spring should be organized. Here is
    >a possible list - suggestions welcome:
    >
    >finishing the HST paper (i.e. Rob's paper on 97-98 SNe, reanalysis of P99)
    >analysis of '99 data set
    >analysis of Albinoni
    >2000-1 SNe (CFHT/CTIO/WFPC2/ACS)
    >2002 SNe (Subaru/CTIO/ACS)
    >
    >-Tony
    >

    >--
    >Tony Spadafora ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
    >Physics Division Tel: (510) 495-2316
    >Lawrence Berkeley National Lab FAX: (510) 486-6738
    >1 Cyclotron Road BLDG 50R5032
    >Berkeley, CA 94720-8160

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy