Re: Two notes from E.Commins available

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 06:56:45 PST

    I just checked with Anthony Aguirre. He says the predicted
    halo in Paerels et al is 50 times brighter than his 99' paper
    suggests. He thinks the derived limits are uninteresting.
    Ariel

    On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Ariel Goobar wrote:

    > Dear Gene,
    > thanks a lot for writing such a thorough report on the X-ray scattering
    > on IG dust (however, I think the last(?) page is missing in the posted pdf
    > file ). I have not seen Paerels' paper, is it somewhere where it may
    > be downloaded? From what you say in the first page of your document it
    > sounds like the assumption is that the comoving density of large grains
    > is constant out to z=4.3. Would the X-ray data also rule out a much
    > more recent outflow of dust into the IGM, say about z~0.5-1.0?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Ariel
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Tony Spadafora wrote:
    >
    > > Gene Commins has two notes of general interest:
    > >
    > > Notes on X-ray scattering (analysis of the new Paerels et al. result
    > > shown at Jan 2003 AAS meeting, talk 103.01. preprint in progress)
    > > http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/groupmemos/ec_dust/notes_x_ray_scattering.pdf
    > >
    > > Slides from INPA Journal Club seminar on Jan 24, 2003
    > > http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/groupmemos/ec_dust/Commins_seminar_24Jan03.ppt
    > >
    > > (Those of you who thought you'd never use what you learned in Jackson's
    > > book should take note.)
    > >
    > > -Tony
    > >

    > > Tony Spadafora ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
    > > Physics Division Tel: (510) 495-2316
    > > Lawrence Berkeley National Lab FAX: (510) 486-6738
    > > 1 Cyclotron Road BLDG 50R5032
    > > Berkeley, CA 94720-8160

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601