Proposed Summer SCP collaboration meeting

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 14:19:06 PST

    SCP Collaborators,

    The SCP Executive Committee is starting to think about a collaboration
    meeting next summer and this time it should be in Europe. Ariel has
    graciously agreed to host it in Stockholm and proposes it be around the
    weekend of June 7-8 plus 2-3 days before or after. Ideally, it might be
    coupled with meetings (before or after, in France?) of the SNLS (i.e.
    CFHTLS) and
    possibly a SN Factory meeting (though people might be very busy getting
    the camera ready at that time.)

    Would you be able to make such a meeting? Are there any major events
    that would confict with this time? Note the European holidays: June 6
    (Flag Day
    in Sweden) and June 9 (Whitmonday/Pentecost Monday) - would they affect
    anyone's availability? (We would especially like to have a date that
    works for the Tokyo collaborators as their participation is important.)

    Sending a big contingent from the US to Europe is a big strain on
    budgets, so we need to confirm that we can actually afford this - but we
    will try hard.

    --
    Tony Spadafora                                ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
    Physics Division                              Tel: (510) 495-2316