Re: Subaru Observation Schedule

From: Naoki Yasuda (naoki.yasuda@nao.ac.jp)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 20:52:36 PST

    Hi Saul,

    > 1) Since we are still trying to get sufficient signal-to-noise in the J-band data for 017, we should keep a
    > close watch on what Naoki concludes about the i'-band signal-to-noise from the last two nights' Suburu data put
    > together. But meanwhile, let's not spend FORS2 time on this yet.

    I have checked the Subaru data of last two nights, but the object is very
    faint and I do not think signal-to-noise ratio is sufficient.
    Current S/N is 4-5.

    > 2) There are several lower redshift (z ~ 0.6) SNe for which we have nice SN spectra, and likely good
    > i'-band lightcurves, including 001(which was also called 027), 055, and 025. It would be good to get an R-band
    > point with S/N ~ 20 for these, since this would provide a useful color to check for extinction. In principle
    > these nearer supernovae would not take too much FORS2 exposure time for this purpose: about 25 minutes each
    > for 001 and 055, and 12 minutes for 025 (which would give S/N of 15 for the first two and 20 for 025).
    > Including overhead, this is probably a good investment of about 75 minutes out of the 24 hours of FORS2 queue
    > time we have left.

    I have checked the log of SXDS observations and found that
    SXDS_2 and SXDS_5 were observed with R-band.
    SXDS_2 included -055 and SXDS_5 includes -025 and -001.
    The following is the summary of exposures.

           SXDS_2 SXDS_5
    Nov02 40min(0.72)
    Nov03 40min(0.78)
    Nov10 32min(0.70) 32min(0.55)

    Numbers in parentheses are seeing.
    The reference images are not available for these data.

    ---
    Naoki Yasuda @ National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
    e-mail: naoki.yasuda@nao.ac.jp