CISCO obs. Nov.18

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 05:02:43 PST

    Hi all,

    Because of scattered lights of the moon, we could
    get useful(clean) data of 017 only for 2-hours
    (seeing 0.6arcsec or better), though we integrated
    more with worse seeing and large scattered lights.

    Since the scattered lights are much worse than
    they usually are, we asked the day clue to look
    into the problem more carefully tomorrow.

    According to Kentaro Motohara, the signal
    to noise ratio of 017 is S/N~3 for 2-hours exposures.
    Compared with the other objects in the fields, he
    has an impression that 017 may be less luminous than
    expected.

    Tomorrow we would like to change the target
    from 017 to 071, which, we think, is a more reliable
    target in terms of spectrum quality and redshift
    information.

    And then we will decide which CISCO will go deep
    for the last two nights.

    -Mamoru

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy