multiplexed HST )and other) followup

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 18:30:54 PST

    Last night we noticed quite by accident that -012 and -026 are very
    close to one another - separated by 29 arcsec. This means that we can
    observe both of them with ACS (imaging and grism) at the same time. We
    would have to find an ACS pointing location that contains both for the
    full range of ORIENT angles. Unfortunately they are too far apart to be
    observed with NICMOS as the field is 19 x 19 arcseconds (diagonal of
    26.8 arcsecond).

    The other implication is that with a long slit specttrograph (GMOS,
    FORS, FOCAS) these objects could have been observed simultaneously,
    rather than serially with ESI. Could someone examine SNTRAK to see
    whether there are other pairs of priority 5 or 4 which are within
    a few arcminutes? These might be best observed elsewhere than Keck
    (and may be additional ACS freebies).

    - Greg