Report from Keck tonight...

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 07:00:59 PST

        Just to reiterate: We observed

        -001/-027 z=0.57 Looks like SN Ia (to be studied more
    carefully)
        -026 galaxy lines at z = 1.3. SN Ia does match near
    there too, but we're still working to decide.
        -012 SN signal likes to match at z = 1.5, but we don't
    believe it yet mostly because it seems to bright for that redshift.
    (How about lensing??)

    That's it for our new supernova candidates, although we are using the
    rest of the night after they set productively (with studies of SN host
    galaxies, etc.)

    Tomorrow, we think we will be getting VLT data and Keck data (and an
    extremely small probability of Gemini data).