Re: Subaru schedule changed

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 01:42:47 PST

    Hi Greg,

    The observations of all five fields (30min each)
    were just completed. We will report the seeing soon.

    We believe the sky has been clear.
    The signal from Auto Guider CCD was stable, and we didn't see
    no clouds on the cloud monitor (IR cam).

    Because we started observations at low elevations,
    the background was slightly high. So we adopt 3minx10
    options for all data sets
    (The loss time due to readout is about 1min).

    Now we have to evaluate the depth is enough or not
    by Nov.4.

    -Mamoru

    >Thanks for the update on the Subaru plans. The seeing sounds like
    >exactly what we need right now, so hopefully it will hold. Is the
    >sky still clear, or has cirrus moved in (as predicted by the MK
    >forecast)? The sky looks pretty clear on the latest CONCAM images.

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy
    School of Science
    University of Tokyo